Every Monday at staff meeting we give a shout-out on Facebook to at least one volunteer who really helped Sunday go well or who has just been very faithful and helpful in general. We do this because “What you celebrate, you duplicate” and because you ought to “Reward what you want repeated.” And here are the side effects:
- It encourages the person receiving the shout-out (everyone likes to be appreciated).
- It gives honor where honor is due (Romans 13:7).
- It helps create a culture of volunteerism at your church.
- It helps reinforce one of your core values (that saved people serve people).
- It inspires others to serve.