When we first started New Day I built our first website myself on my Mac. This is not how I would recommend starting, but this is how we started. As the church grew I transferred everything over to a company that offered templates for a nominal monthly fee (can’t remember their name right now). My main reason for switching was that the new site looked more professional. The new site was inexpensive but had limited features, so as the church continued to grow I eventually switched us over to Site Organic. I wish I had found them in the beginning! Here’s five reasons why:
- They offer a free website to church planters for one year!
- The site can grow with your church. As the church grows (and the budget grows) you can add all kinds of different features. For example, when we started we paid a low monthly fee that didn’t include hosting videos of Sunday’s message on their site. As New Day grew this was a feature we wanted, so when we were financially able, we added this feature to our site.
- There’s a high level of customization that can be done, even within the templates. That is, although we picked a basic template that we liked, we hired someone to make some customizations and it was no problem at all on Site Organic’s end.
- They have pretty good customer service. Someone always returns my calls and helps us with whatever problems we may be experiencing with our site (it’s rare but it does happen from time to time).
- They have a mobile version of their websites for your smartphone (something very important now a days).
Though a custom website might be on the horizon, Site Organic has been working great for us and we’ve been very happy with them so far. I would highly recommend them.