Constant Contact is an online email marketing company. Once our mailing list got bigger than my personal email could handle, I got a subscription to Constant Contact. At New Day we like to build on proven foundations, and after doing some research I discovered Constant Contact was a staple email marketing company, used by many of the churches I was trying to learn from at the time.
Here’s what we use Constant Contact for at New Day: To send a weekly email to our church. Included in the email is an announcement about what we’re speaking on the upcoming Sunday, what songs we’ll be singing, as well as any announcements (i.e. upcoming newcomers reception, water baptism, baby dedications, etc.) To see a sample click here.
And here’s why I like them:
- They are well known – which I think is important in this day and age of spam emails.
- The price you pay depends on how many emails you will send. Even when you’re small and money is really tight, this allows you to afford a well known, reputable company.
- They have excellent customer support. I hate it when my only option is to email tech support. I like using companies that allow you to call someone who is 1) friendly, 2) knowledgeable and 3) doesn’t have a nearly unintelligible foreign accent.
- The emails you create can be programmed to automatically post to your favorite social media sites. For example, at the same time the email is sent to everyone on our list, it is simultaneously posted to our New Day Church Facebook page.
- You can write the email weeks or months in advance and then schedule it to be sent whenever you want. When I was using my personal email I didn’t have this option.